This day is about you and the person you love. Just because society tells you to do something, does NOT mean you have to listen. There were multiple suggestions for how OTHER people wanted me to enjoy my day, and in the end - I just wanted the memories with my husband.
- You and your future spouse are all that really matter, so make yourselves look exactly how you want to. Don’t settle for anything! You will look back at the pictures and regret it.
- Get the dress you want!! Your dress will be in almost every single photo and you will look back at it for the rest of your life. Make sure you love it! Most people only get married once, and you want to make sure you're feeling your best and most confident.
- Do you REALLY want to wear those heels? Think about how much you regret wearing heels after 5 minutes. You do not need to put yourself through that and be thinking about how much your feet hurt on your big day. I wore a pair of cute flat sandals. If you want heels in some pics, bring them along as your extra pair. Make sure you are as comfortable as possible on your wedding day! This includes lingerie. Save the sexy, uncomfortable corset for later.
- Emergency Kit - you may not think you need one, but it never hurts to be prepared! The only thing I didn't prepare for was my veil flying off my head while I was walking down the aisle. What did I do? I laughed it off,
Here’s what I had in my emergency kit:
- White thread and a needle
- Fashion Tape
- Bobby Pins
- Safety Pins